"> Untitled Document ">
Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
November 26, 2015

Stay Connected!

Organize Today
Learn more about organizing your workplace!

Click Here
Weather Report
General Health & Welfare Questions & Answers
Updated On: Nov 05, 2015
To contact UAS directly 408.288.4400

Brothers & Sisters, click on this link to go to the United Administrative Services website dedicated to IBEW Local 332 Benefits         http://ibew332benefits.com/  

Local 332 Health & Welfare for Inside Wiremen
Effective Jan. 01, 2011

Q: When will I be eligible for coverage?

A: To initially qualify for coverage you must have worked 250 hours. This provides you with an “Hours Bank” which is used to provide coverage. Once you have obtained coverage, the Trust fund deducts 126 hours per month from your hours bank to provide coverage, all other hours continue to accrue to your account to a maximum reserve amount of $18,720 (12 months coverage).

Q: How can I change my coverage?

A: Open enrollment takes place in December of each year for the Inside Wiremen. Anyone wishing to change may do so during open enrollment for coverage effective January 1 of the following year.

Q: I was recently married, what do I need to do to get health insurance for my spouse?

A: There is a form that you will need to complete and submit along with a copy of your marriage certificate. You may also want to change your beneficiary designation for your Life Insurance, Pension and with the International. All of the necessary forms are available at the Local Union office.

Q: I’ve completed the paperwork and submitted a copy of our marriage certificate, how long before my spouse is covered?

A: Coverage will commence the 1st of the month following the month in which the change was made.

Q: Where can I get Medical and Dental forms?

A: Most forms are available at the Union hall or at UAS. However, many forms are also available on-line, please check the Forms page to see if the form you need is on the Web Site, if so, simply print it out, complete it and return to Local 332.

Q: Where can I get more information about Dental coverage?

A: United Administrative Services (UAS) can answer any questions you may regarding dental coverage. The direct dial numbers for the Dental Claims Department at UAS are (408) 288-4534.

Q: I was laid off, how long will I continue to have health coverage?

A: You will continue to be covered as long as there are enough hours in your “Hours Bank” to purchase a month’s coverage. It takes 126 hours per month to provide coverage. To find out how many hours you have banked, call UAS at (408) 288-4400. There are also COBRA options available when hours run out, for more information about COBRA contact UAS at (408) 288-4400.

Q: How do I go about obtaining Vision care?

Vision coverage is provided through Vision Service Plan (VSP). You can check for eligibility and a list of participating doctors online at www.vsp.com; or you can call them at (800) 877-7195. Lists of participating doctors are also available at the Local Union office. 

Q: I am a traveler and have been working in Local 332’s jurisdiction for a while, can I reciprocate my hours back to Local 332 when I leave?

A: No. Only Local 332 members can have hours reciprocated back to Local 332.

Sound & Communications Workers, Residential Wiremen, Material Handlers

Member Login


Not registered yet?
Click Here to sign-up

Forgot Your Login?
<< November 2015 >>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Upcoming Events
H&W Pension Trust Meeting
Nov 26, 2015
United Administrative Services 1120 South Bascom Ave San Jose
Union Office and Dispatch Closed
Nov 26, 2015
Union Office and Dispatch Closed
Nov 27, 2015
Liberty Towers Christmas Lights
Nov 28, 2015
Liberty Towers Retirement Home, 890 Main St, Santa Clara, CA, near Homestead and near Santa Clara University.
IBEW LU 332 General Membership Meeting
Dec 01, 2015
IBEW 332 Union Hall
Important Links
Visit www.labor411.org/!
Visit ibew.org!
Visit ibew332benefits.com!
Visit ejatc332.org/index.cfm!
Visit www.norcal-jatc.com/!
Visit www.kandg.com!
Visit www.ibewhourpower.com!
Visit www.njatc.org/home.aspx!
Visit www.unionlabel.org/index.cfm!
Visit www.ibew-ewmc.com/!
Visit www.helmetstohardhats.org/!
Visit www.alliancecreditunion.org!
Visit www.electrictv.net!
IBEW Local 332
Copyright © 2015, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

1848260 hits since Apr 30, 2013
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image